How to Properly Use a Retractable Dog Leash?
1. Make sure your dog is well trained and easily controlled.
2. Check to make sure your dog’s collar or harness fits snugly. Extend the leash with the brake button to attach the metal buckle to the “D-ring” of the collar/harness.
3. All the time hold the leash by the handle, NEVER by the belt. Holding the belt Whilst it’s retracting may cause injury.
4. Once attached, extend the leash to a comfortable walking distance.
5. Make sure your dog isn’t so far that you’ll’t pull them back in a hazardous situation!
6. If your dog gets too far, lock the brake button and lower your arm to your side. Whilst walking, unlock the brake to pick the slack from the leash. Repeat this until your dog is close enough to you.
7. If you think your dog may encounter a hazardous situation, keep your dog close to your side with the brake pressed and the leash extended to only a short length.
8. DO NOT give the leash too much slack. This could harm you and your dog of they come to a decision to bolt off somewhere!
9. If your leash gets wet throughout your walk, extend the leash to it’s maximum length to let it dry.
10. Let your dog rest throughout and after your walk if they have to, especially if it’s hot!
11. Above all, be sure to enjoy yourself! This is quality time that you get to spend with your beloved pet.
Lifetime Warranty! Strong/Wearproof nylon lead – It has passed strict tension test. With such a strong lead, it does restrain any dog up to 50kg (110 lb) from running off and help your dog avoid some potential danger.
Long Nylon Tape lead with robust clamp – The nylon lead is 5m (16ft) long, which does give a large number of lead for the dog to run around on.
One button with three different functions – Stop, locking and unlocking. Just push the big button in to stop the lead retracting and if you wish to lock it, push the button forward as well. To unlock, pull the button back. It’s all very easy to operate with your thumb.
Non-slip rubber grip handle – With such a comfortable design, it does help you keep watch over your dog or even large dog safely.
100% quality guaranteed! Please be noted that the dog lead will have to keep away from the sand and water.